The chair of Law and Social Sciences of Northern University carries out the mission to prepare responsible and leading specialists in the field of Law with high standards of professionalism and professional ethics.
The main priorities of the Chair are:
- to target academic programs of the Law and Social Sciences Chair at the expansion of career opportunities of its graduates.
- to develop students’ sense of responsibility towards the Law and to encourage them to value it as their profession.
- to expand the framework of the faculty cooperation with a wider academic community.
- to ensure an educational environment encouraging research and innovation within the teaching process.
- to encourage investment opportunities of Law study through effective resource management and incorporation of new resource.
- to enhance the reputation of the Law Faculty both internally and externally.
The subjects taught by the Chair are:
- Labour Law
- History of Foreign Countries and Laws
- Right to Housing
- Compulsory Enforcement of Judicial Acts
- Forensic Medicine and Psychiatry
- European Law
- Family Law
- Legal Psychology
- Law Enforcement Bodies in the Republic of Armenia
- History of the Armenian State and Law
- History of Armenia
- Municipal Law in the RA
- Constitutional Law in the RA
- Land law
- Rhetorical Art and Judicial Speech
- Basics of Roman Private Law
- Basics of Human Rights
- Customs Law
- International Law
- International Private Law
- Internal Control
- Notary Proceedings
- Theory of State and Law
- Administrative Procedural Law1
- Administrative Law
- Political Science
- History of Political and Legal Studies
- Civil Proceedings
- Civil Law
- Criminal Proceedings
- Criminal Law
- Penitentiary law
- Financial Law
- Basics of Sociology and Social work
Academic Staff of the Chair:
2 doctors, 2 professors, 3 associate professors and 6 PhDs are engaged in the Chair staff.
Head of the Chair: G. Asatryan
Monday, Tuesday 12:00-14:00